Head of AcademyClaire Scott
Executive PrincipalJames Handscombe
Harris Westminster Sixth Form
- Steel House, 11 Tothill Street, London SW1H 9LH Get Directions
- 0203 772 4555
About Harris Westminster Sixth Form
Harris Westminster Sixth Form combines the energy of brilliant young people from across London’s diverse neighbourhoods, the strength of Westminster School in teaching academically able students, and the Harris Federation’s experience and expertise in running outstanding maintained sector schools. This sixth form is a unique collaboration between two champions of UK Education; the Harris Federation and Westminster School. It is over-subscribed, academically selective and has incredible diversity in its student cohort with no ethnic group exceeding 20% and 40% of students having received Pupil Premium. 70% of HWSF students go on to study at Russell Group universities and we have one of the largest Oxbridge cohorts of any school (state or private). 34 students from the 2021 cohort gained places and 80+ have been called for interview to join in 2022.We are looking for outstanding individuals to join this exciting, scholarly, and vibrant community.
Ambition. Perseverance. Legacy. Kindness. Scholarship.
Harris Westminster students expect great things of themselves; they aim high and meet their targets, gaining places on the most competitive university course and apprenticeships, and from those courses into elite careers. They work hard to reach their ambitions and learn that setbacks are reasons to review strategy and try again rather than give up. They aim to make their mark on the world for the long term and learn that they can have a positive and lasting impact. Students from different backgrounds, cultures, and lifestyles work together and listen to each other to understand more deeply how these differences affect our experiences, to overcome prejudices and create a more equal society. During their time at the school they develop a love of learning and acquire the habits of enquiry, knowledge acquisition, and scholarship.
Why work at Harris Westminster Sixth Form?
- One of the most academically challenging, inspiring, and diverse student bodies in the country
- A positive and innovative learning environment, working with interesting and intelligent colleagues in an environment of high standards and professional autonomy.
- A supportive and friendly staff body and well-used staff room with lively discussion of everything from pop culture to theoretical physics.
- A unique location in the centre of Westminster that raises aspirations and provides opportunities for events in Westminster Abbey and an impressive range of weekly guest speakers whose talks are enjoyed by staff and students
- Excellent opportunities for professional development and future promotion with support and challenge (both subject-specific and generally applicable) coming from inside the school, across the road at Westminster school, and through the Harris Federation.