Executive PrincipalNick Soar
Harris Academy St. John's Wood
- Marlborough Hill, London NW8 0NL Get Directions
- 020 7722 8141
About Harris Academy St. John's Wood
Building on strong historic roots within our local community, we are an excellent, high achieving secondary school that promotes creativity and academic scholarship. We have places for 210 students in Year 7 and 220 in Year 12. In September 2017, we joined the Harris Federation, which runs over 40 successful primary and secondary schools in and around London. The vast majority of Harris academies inspected by Ofsted is rated ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’, with the majority rated ‘outstanding’.
The core values and vision for the academy will be centred on dedication, determination and destiny. When students are dedicated to their studies and determined to succeed, all will achieve their destiny.
With consistent and outstanding teaching, we inspire the best in each student, whether they need to be stretched, are struggling, or are somewhere in the middle. Where students need extra help on a particular topic or skill, we coach them in small groups and even one-to-one. Special educational needs are catered for with care and expertise.
In our academy, learning does not begin and end at the classroom door. Our students regularly participate in after-school enrichment classes, activity days and educational visits, including inter-academy opportunities within the Federation, which help to bring learning alive.
Why work at Harris Academy St John's Wood?
- An opportunity to join an ambitious new academy at the heart of the local community, working with experienced and inspirational leaders towards an outstanding future.
- We expect impeccable students behaviour supported by traditional values of good manners, strong discipline and respect with excellent teaching.
- Opportunities for A Level teaching at one of the top performing Post 16 providers in the UK.
- Generous Harris benefits package and excellent opportunities for personal and professional development