Head of AcademyKristen Gringeri
Executive PrincipalWayne Barnett
Harris Garrard Academy
- Yarnton Way, Thamesmead Erith Kent DA18 4DW Get Directions
- 0208 320 4800
About Harris Garrard Academy
Harris Garrard Academy combines the traditional values of good manners, strong discipline and the best of modern teaching based in research. We firmly believe that Learning Changes Lives and we work hard to engage the dis-engaged.
We are very clear on our mission and are here to serve the local community. Our students here in Thamesmead deserve the best teaching and outcomes. We believe in personal development, not just grades.
Harris Garrard pushes forward excellence – across the board. This encourages competition, with yourself. To be excellent academically, to have excellent uniform and to have excellent attendance.
We are based in Thamesmead, London and our school is in the Borough of Bexley.
We have a huge staff car park with enough parking available for all, as well as well as bus links from across London.
We are a 10-minute walk from Abbey Wood Station and Belvedere Station. Abbey Wood station is on the Elizabeth line, which runs from Reading, through central London and to Essex and Kent. This makes our academy accessible across London.
We have an impressive modern building with the latest teaching screens and visualisers to ensure that technology is used to effectively improve the quality across the academy. We have an on-site school gym that staff can use with weights, mats and cardio machines.
We have e local café and shops a 5 minute walk from school, which many of our staff use on their lunch breaks.
Why work at Harris Garrard Academy?
- We keep it simple at Harris Garrard and cut through the nonsense.
- Centralised detention system
- Clear behaviour policy which upholds our strong values
- We promote working smart not harder
- Our feedback policy is streamlined to ensure it is effective on not time-consuming for staff.
- There is a nursery on site
- Only one break and one lunch duty per week for non-SLT staff
- All of our Leadership Team teach
- Two weeks holiday in the October half-term, instead of one
- Staff are praised on their merits, not the hours worked
- We are anti-initiatives and only do what works and is sustainable long-term
- We are honest and upfront with regular opportunities for direct and professional feedback
Staff can expect to grow with us as we continue to innovate and evolve as an academy. With ample opportunity to build on CPD, your potential is limitless with us. We have weekly CPD, which is a mixture of whole school priorities and bespoke support for staff.
We have a range of NPQs that we sponsor staff for, and we always seek to promote from within the academy.
For a confidential chat about joining us, please contact the Head of Academy, Kristen Gringeri at email@example.com.