Harris City Academy Crystal Palace
Harris City Academy Crystal Palace opened as Harris CTC in 1990 and converted to an Academy in September 2007. The Academy is a mixed school for 1,300 students aged 11-18 recruiting students from Croydon, Bromley, Lewisham, Southwark and Lambeth. The Academy has twice been judged to be outstanding by Ofsted, with the most recent inspection judging the school to be outstanding in every aspect. Student progress is in the top 3% nationally.
We are an ambitious school, delivering a high quality education for each one of our students. At Harris City Academy Crystal Palace we aim to prepare young people for an ever-changing world that values self-confident, well-educated and enterprising people.
Harris City Academy Crystal Palace has a long established, distinctive and positive ethos which guides our work and the education of our students. Preparation for adult life underpins our Academy aims and the well developed culture which is established across all aspects and functions of the Academy. We are committed to the success of each of our students and this is reflected through the Academy's values and aims to deliver:
- Exam success - we want our students to get the best possible qualifications
- Challenge, relevance and engagement - we want our students to be fully involved in their learning
- Appropriate skills for living, for work and for happiness
- Active citizens
- Self-identity and a feeling of self-worth
- Opportunities and experiences that ignite our students
- Healthy habits that are embedded for life
Head of AcademyMike PiperHarris City Academy Crystal Palace
Executive PrincipalKatherine CumberbatchHarris City Academy Crystal Palace
London SE19 2JH