Beware of recruitment fraud. This kind of fraud is increasing, with fraudsters asking you to pay money for services such as visa administration or accommodation if relocating, or using a job application for a fake job advert to steal your personal information. They may also ask for your financial details to set up salary payments, allowing them to steal money from your account, or even ask you to pay a fee to apply for a job.
When you are applying for a genuine job with the Harris Federation:
- You will always be contacted from a Harris Federation email address – never a webmail account such as Yahoo, Gmail or Hotmail.
- You should always be suspicious of adverts with very poor spelling and grammar.
- You will always be asked to complete an online application form through our careers portal.
- You will never be asked for payments for visa processing, administration fees or accommodation deposits.
- You will never be asked for your bank details or personal identification documentation before we have made a formal offer of employment.
- We will never make a formal offer of employment without at least one face-to-face interview. This will be held at one of our academies or at the Harris Federation head office at Norfolk House, Wellesley Road, Croydon, CR0 1LH.
- You will always be asked to sign a hard copy of your offer of employment, which will be sent to you on Harris Federation headed paper.
All genuine vacancies open to external applicants are advertised on our careers website. If you are unsure whether a Harris Federation job advert is legitimate, please call the recruitment team on 0208 253 7777.